The OS Giken Super Lock LSD uses our patented pressure ring design that allows for smooth, progressive locking. This design is a spline-through-side-gear design that allows for fitment of more friction plates (up to 2x as many as competitors versions). For the FRS/BRZ/86, we utilize 20 clutch plates and are able to offer progressive 100% lockup.
- All components are chemically heat treated for maximum durability
- All components are constructed from a high-grade steel alloy
- Gears are raw-forged for maximum strength
- Clutch disks are precision-machined simultaneously on both sides to extremely tight tolerances resulting in minimal warpage.
- LSD case is machined from a single billet piece to ensure uniformity.
The OS LSD standard spec allows for low preload while still retaining a fully progressive 100% lock capability. Operation is quiet and the progressive locking allows for smooth predictable locking. When replacing an open diff, equipping an OS LSD will completely improve the driving experience while maintaining everyday drivability.
If your application is making significantly more power, we offer additional tuning services to your new/used LSD in-house. More power typically means more kick to the differential. We have the ability to speed up or slow down differential action to allow the vehicle to achieve maximum traction.
- Initial torque can be adjusted by using thicker / thinner cone springs
- Lock progression timing can be adjusted by using stiffer / weaker pressure ring springs, allowing the progression of full lock to be fine-tuned to the vehicle/driver
- Ramp angles can be customized by swapping the pressure ring and iron cross for even more tuning possibilities
- TCD spec disks can be installed for increased oil cooling and even smoother operation
*Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65warnings.ca.gov/